- Painful thick skin between the toes.
- Sometimes very hard and dry
- Sometimes the thick skin is soft, white and macerated (soft corn)
- There may also be a fungal infection
- The worst cases may blister and form a wound.
How did I get this?
- Increased pressure between your toes possibly caused by any or all of the following: tight shoes, bony lumps, enlarged joints, thick toenails.
What can I do about it?
- Wear shoes with a deep wide toebox
- Wear a pad between the toes
- Trim your toenails carefully
- Treat fungal infections
What help can I get for this?
- Podiatrist will gently remove the thick skin
- Podiatrists can provide made to measure pads for between your toes
- Shoe store can fit your shoes carefully
- Surgeons can straighten toes and remove bony lumps
When will it get better?
- Removal of the thick skin can provide immediate relief
- Padding between the toes can help prevent recurring problem.