Patient -Reactive Arthritis


  • Inflammation, heel pain and bone spurs are found in patients with Reactive Arthritis.


How did I get this?

  • Reactive Arthritis is caused by an infection which may also affect the eyes and urinary tract.


What can I do about it?

  • Anti – inflammatory pain medication will give some relief, but you will require medical attention


What help can I get for this?

  • Your doctor may order blood tests and prescribe antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and immunosuppressants.
  • Your podiatrist will help with footwear advice and modification, insoles and orthotics to reduce load on the painful areas.


When will it get better?

  • Managing the symptoms may provide fast relief, but treatment may take weeks to eradicate the infection and settle inflammation.